KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cricket Photo XI at Lawkholme

Lad 4th from left is my Dad Geoffrey A.Binns who still has his cricket cap 1937 for bowling.In 1938 he was vice captn. of school, Frank Wellock being the captain, Frank was a master at KBGS later on.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1933-38/9

Current location (optional) Cowling

Re: Cricket Photo XI at Lawkholme

I never realised that Frank Wellock had also been a pupil at KBGS as well as a master.

My father would have been in that year. I'll take him the picture and see if he can come up with any names.

Very nice to have had a message from Henry Bird who was at KBGS when my Dad Geoffrey Binns was (now almost 87). I have phoned to let him know, thanks.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1933-38/9

Current location (optional) Cowling

I played cricket for Cowling with Geoff. He was getting towards the end of his playing career while I was a rising failure. I think he was the village blacksmith. Arms like Popeye. Nice bloke - glad he's still getting around

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-57

Current location (optional) melbourne

Talking of blacksmiths - a bloke goes for a job as a blacksmith. The interviewer asks him if he has had any experience shoeing horses and he says 'no, but I once told a donkey to bugger off'.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 56-62

Hi,

My late grandfather was a pupil from 1931-38 and we are trying to trace any school photos from around that era. He was a decent cricketer and came across your thread in a google search. Would you be able to send me a picture of the image you are referring to?

Many thanks,

Anna