KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We don't need explosive questions

Without seeming to be a bit negative but surely KBGS chaps do not need sweeping questions. Let's keep it a bit subtle. Bernard Johnson cool it old chum.

Re: We don't need explosive questions

It seems we have a self-appointed censor.
I strongly suggest that anyone considering posting to this site submit a preview to Mr. Whitwam first. It wouldn't do to post anything in the slightest controversial, lest people might have to think.
I welcome input from others on this site regarding this accusation of my posting "explosive" comments.
If the general opinion is that my postings are indeed inappropriate, then this is not a site that I have any further interest in. I was under the impression that most people involved with this site were reasonably mature, with a modicum of education, and had not been brought up in a monastery.
This kind of panty waist reaction is sickening in the extreme. However, if the majority, (or even a tiny minority), feel this way, then you are all welcome to continue in your narrow cloistered lives.
Mr. Whitwam, your opinion is a matter of supreme indifference to me. I venture to suggest that you might be more profitably engaged in aquiring a life for yourself, and allowing others to enjoy the lives they already possess.
I am sure it is clear from the tenor of my reply that I do not consider you to be my "old chum". you are exactly the sort of prig that I could not abide when I was attending KBGS.
Most sincerely, Bernard Johnson.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-57

Current location (optional) USA

All power to you, Bernard! Iconoclasts of the world unite.

Dear Simon. When you write 'without seeming a bit negative' I assume you mean 'without wishing to seem a bit negative.' If that in fact is your wish, then you have failed miserably. Why should 66 year old men have to be subtle in a forum designed to offer free expression? As a journalist for the last 50 years I have come to value free expression more than any other human activity.

Anyway - what are you on about? Who are the KBGS chaps who don't need sweeping questions? How do you know what they do or do not want? What in fact are sweeping questions? Do you have a sweeping answer? In my observations of this forum I had seen only one post to which I objected - it had racist overtones and its writer knows who he is. This is the second.

Bernard seems to have emerged from a long sleep and like RV Winkle has a lot to say and ask. Let him get on with it.

Much ado about nothing----------- I don't know Bernard or many others on this board- it seems not many of my era come on, but Bernard does seem to have breathed some new life into the forum so go for it young fella. Keep up the good work.ps---- Surely Chris would speak up if there was anything to complain about.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland,NZ

I regard this site as being a tribute to Colin Firth and would expect that, if inappropriate postings appeared, Chris would be the one to rule on this. After all, he has the capacity to remove postings if he wishes. Understandably Chris is keen to act as facilitator rather than gatekeeper and would rather we sorted out our own differences. I have never met Bernard as far as I am aware, but surely he is able to post on items that are of interest to him, as we all are. The same goes for Simon. I would urge both of them to keep posting - though possibly not on the same topics - and, if they are unable to make their peace with each other, at least to let the matter lie.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

I have put this matter behind me.
Gentlemen (and I write that with a straight face), I thank you for your comments.

Current location (optional) USA

Yes we do

Bernard you just keep posting questions. Volcanic eruptions are what we need at our age. In fact, I saw a young lassie today in Bradford with a low cut blouse and had an immediate eruption.

I'm blowed if I can find the sweeping or explosive question to begin with. Surely SW is not offended by Bernard's first 'pome'.
If these are Bernard's recollections he should have the right to say so.