KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Tony "Percy " Peart

Percy was a keen thespian at Keighley Little Theatre. My punishment for handing in lousy essays was to have to stay in at lunch time and read plays aloud so that he could learn his lines. One compensation in "The Long and the Short and the Tall" was being able to use rude words without fear of the pump.
Percy also related tales of his University days in Liverpool when he shared a house with a medic who had a "Bessie Braddock" look alike in the anatomy practicals and spent hours cutting through folds of fat and rarely reached any intersting organs. I don't think 1A produced any medical students!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) Cambridge now; was Farnhill

I remember Percy once returning from a school holiday sporting a temporary moustache, allegedly for some part he was due to be playing.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Just picked up on the emails about Tony Peart, but can't see a reference to his death last year. He died of prostate cancer in September, by which time he had very carefully donated all his railway and bus artefacts, including two buses, to museums. I had met him at a few transport gatherings, where he was displaying his preserved buses, during the 90s and he looked exactly the same as I remembered him from school. A sad loss.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-63

Current location (optional) Exeter, Devon

Very sorry to hear that. He was our Form Master (1A) in our very first year at KBGS, and indeed took us for English also in 2nd year. But I expect he will be best remembered for the Ralway Society.

Read an obituary here:
http://www.sandtoft.org.uk/archive/archive5.htm