KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Poet Idol? Who? ME?

http://www.keighleynews.co.uk/leisure/knightsout/knightsfeatures/display.var.1188984.0.arthur_is_bard_of_yorkshire.php

Re: Poet Idol? Who? ME?

I just read this in todays K. News.We have been treated to some of Arthurs gems on here for some time, now the rest of the world,well Yorkshire,know what we do. Congratulations Arthur-well done.You might almost be classed as famous now. Cheers.C3NC

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

Thanks Bill. By the way, for 67 read 74, the rest is fairly accurate. Arthur

I refer to the recent additions in the Photo/Press Cuttings Section refering to my brother Arthur's winning of the Yorkshire Water Poetry Competition in February of last year. I have included an item from the Telegraph & Argus covering a meeting with Ian McMillan at Fewston Water in February '07, together with members of the Yorkshire Water P.R.people. Arthur's Poem, 'Storm over Fewston',appears on this 'clipping'. Another photogaph shows Arthur being interviewed by a reporter from the local Radio Station.
Later the same year, in September, he was asked to return to Fewston again, where the P.R people were 'unveiling' two new seats on the Reservoir footpath,for the benefit of walkers, one of which would bear an extract from Arthur's poem. Two other photos show Arthur seated next to the inscribed plate and the other, a shot of the plate itself.
An interesting point here was that three local M.P.s were invited along to witness the event and they each were given an MP3 player to test a new facility whereby they downloaded from a central point, details of the walk around Fewston which would 'guide' them and other walkers during their trip around the Reservoir. 3 M.P.s with MP3's!! Geddit?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 45-50

Current location (optional) Keighley