KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Keighlians Tie

Can anyone tell me how I can get hold of one of those splendid looking ties?

Re: Old Keighlians Tie

Do you mean those ties with the broad green stripes alternating with "house" colours (carried also by caps, scarves and lapel badges in our early days)?
Or, had you in mind Joe's (uniform) School Uniform, an innovation presumably calculated to stamp his mark on the place?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58 -65

This prompted me to look at my collection. Is the tie you require Dark blue base with two diagonal stripes, one yellow about an eighth of an inch and the other dark green quarter of an inch with a one and a half inch space between the paired stripes. In the space a row of two or three yellow three turreted castles about three tenths of an inch in height ?Ihave two of these but have no idea where you get them now.Fat lot of good that is to you Marcus.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Sassafras, Tasmania

Sorry, John not Marcus

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Sassafras, Tasmania

The tie in question is shown in the photo section of the web page. Not the old house coloured ties as suggested by Brian

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-61

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, Australia