KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad news

This from Dave Haig:

I have just been rung up by Alex Haygarth - son of John - who told me that John has died as a result of a heart attack. The funeral is on Weds 14 Feb at Woodlands Crematorium, Scarborough at 12.40. The crem is near to the hospital evidently if a landmark is needed.

Alex's mobile number is 07740 651123 and he asked that he be told if people intend to attend. We agreed that anyone intending to attend would contact Alex directly.

Allan and Shaun - you know the KBGS website system - do you think it possible to post a notice so that old mates can attend? I have tried in the past to submit bits but never managed to get them on. They would need to inform Alex if they intend to go.

Can't think of anything else to say.

David

Re: Sad news

I am very sorry to hear of John's passing.
I had some email exchanges with him about 4 yrs ago, when I think he was living in Woodbridge Suffolk, and had just retired from teaching.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Very sad news, indeed.
My own recollection, through being in the same forms as John during most of our years together at KGS, is of an unassuming lad who was quite a decent all-round sportsman and good academically. We were thrown together in 1C, along with John Felvus (a regular contributor to this forum) and the late John Clapham.
Like Brian Moate, I enjoyed a few email exchanges with John Haygarth about 4 years ago. Even though we're 60, it still comes as a shock to learn of the deaths (particularly through natural causes) of people I still visualize as fit, active and in their teens.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58 -65

Just seen this. John was one of my best friends at school. He sent me an email just around the time I met up with Allan a couple of years ago. I never answered it, because I didn't really know how to. I should have.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-66