KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nice to look back

Always nice to hear from anyone of my
era (the war years) I suspect there are not all that
many left.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1943 to 1949

Current location (optional) Poulton le Fylde

Re: Nice to look back

I am wondering which Smith this is, there were quit a number. The only one I can really remember is the one who walked to the front of the class one day, thumped the French Master and walked out of school never to be seen again ! I think he ran away to sea or some thing. If I was to meet him now I would love to buy him a pint, as the French Master, who's name escapes me was a nasty little so and so, and had earned a good thumping !

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43- 46 (I think !)

Current location (optional) Steeton, now West Wales

Re: Nice to look back

Philip Smith. not by chance the brother of Billy Smith at school 1943 and my good friend. I wonder if he is around as I have not seen or heard a word about him since 1946. His father ran a chemical firm I think. Anyway good to see another "war years" member joining the ranks.Which form were you in as you entered in 1943 MCBWthe same year as myself.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1943-1946

Current location (optional) Tasmania