KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Boys get together!

My wife and I have just hosted a couple of KBGS Old Boys and their wives for a couple of nights. Pete Carr who was a classmate of mine and Mick Linyard who was a year or two ahead of us have been on a tour of Oz and they let us know they'd be in our area before they departed.
Apart from a very brief meeting in Keighley some 10 years ago this was our first significant time together since we left KBGS in '63. We had a wonderful time reminiscing and we spent quite some time pouring over my framed 'whole shool' photographs recognising and naming our contemporaries and remembering incidents and accidents, as they say!
It just didn't seem to be 43 years since we chatted and joked together, not to mention the copious amounts of beer and red wine that we consumed!
I'm confident in saying that I doubt this reunion would have occurred had it not been for the presence of the KBGS website which has proved to be a wonderful conduit for re-establishing former friendships. And hopefully it won't be the last!
Thanks Chris for the work you put into maintaining the site, it's greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Trevor

Re: Old Boys get together!

Sounds like a good 'do'...did you take any photos? If so, I hope you'll post them.

A photograph has been sent showing the lads and their partners before going out to dinner in Torquay, Australia!

See the Now & Then page

Click here

Hi Trevor-I hope you took your guests to Anglesea Golf Club so they could have a look at the the locals hopping around. Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland