KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KBGS indirectly!

I have just posted an image of the 19th St John's Cubs on parade, and while it's not strictly a KBGS image, there are a number of KBGSers in it:

1 - Ian (Sandy) Sanderson
2 - Ronnie Powell
3 - Trevor (Pick or Wilf) Pickles
4 - Geoffrey Pegg
5 - David (Legga) Hutton (from legga mutton)
6 - Neil Sanderson (not sure if he actually went to KBGS but I'm assuming he did follow his brother Ian)

Anyone else we can recognise?

tp

Re: KBGS indirectly!

An interesting photo Trevor.
Geoff Pegg was a near neighbour of mine, lived in Upper Chelsea Street off Malsis Road, but I can hardly believe thats him, but if you say so. I recall Hutton was tall and slimmish with ginger hair, so Im sure thats him at No 5.
I thought my brother in law Mike Boothroyd might be there but cant spot him unless its the small fellow in front of the bloke on the far pavement. I'm also sure another Upper Chelsea St lad, George Clarkson was in St Johns cubs, as was my neighbour Philip Cole and his next door neighbour Alan Brook. Maybe also David Pamment is there somewhere. Shaun- were you in St Johns Cubs ??

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

You're right Brian. Dave Pamment was in St. John's Cubs as, I believe, was Joe Gordon; but I can't spot either of them in the photo. As for me - I went along to St. John's once with Dave. They were all squatting around chanting dib dib dob dob. I thought they were quite mad, and never returned.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Brian, you could be right about Geoff Pegg, I was making a 'best guess' with him, but the others are correct.
Yes, Legga was a redhead.
tp