KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New photos from Harry Harper

I quote:

I have been sorting outsome old photographs and came upon these attachments. My grandfather,Harry Harper and his wife Hannah, being retired to listen to the radio!! He was the second master in the twenties.The other photo is of my father Alfred Lee Harper (second from the right,front row) who was proud to be the principal fairy in Iolanthe!! He was a K.B.G.S.pupil. At that time they lived in Devonshire street. If anything else is of intrest to you I will send it. Kind regards, Harry Harper.

Re: New photos from Harry Harper

What super photographs from Harry Harper, and in good condition too. It was nice to see a picture of a 'young' Neville Hind! On the second photograph showing Alfred Lee Harper, I think that I recognise a young Ernest (Scratcher) Marsden (second left,back row), who often played senior comedy roles in Keighley Amateur productions. Ernest Marsden taught History and R.E. at KBGS for many years and can be 'picked out' on the 1946 Panorama. His son, Keith, along with Geoffrey Rundle, have recently produced their 50th pantomime for the 'Amateurs',an occasion reported upon on local TV earlier this year.
If you have a few more photos of this kind Harry, I'm sure we all would like to see them.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 45-50

Current location (optional) Keighley

Marsden taught Geography only in my years,but you brought to mind the nick-names--- Scratcher,Frizzy,Gobbo,Shady,Spike,
Nev,Harry,Dick,Captain,Taffy, and Daddy.There must have been more.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 41/46

Current location (optional) IOM

The dates don't seem to tie in as Hind was Headmaster from Sep 1933