KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KBGS Old Boy dies in NZ

It grieves me to have to advise that my old mate Pat Durkin has passed away in Hawkes Bay New Zealand at the age of 68.He was known to some on here.We were lads together in Cross Roads,he was a couple of years behind me at Grammar,we met up again after some years,in Melbourne in the late '50's,and in the early '60's we both finished up in New Zealand,both married NZ girls and were Best Man at each other's weddings.He was back in Keighley for the last time in May. RIP Pat

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland-- NZ

Re: KBGS Old Boy dies in NZ

We salute an ex-KBGS old-boy in a former colonial location. His death premature, but no doubt some of his final memories before he crossed the river for the last time were of the Aire Valley. Adieu Pat Durkin.

A thought for Chris Firth

I wonder whether the excellent Chris Firth might start a small section on the opening page for recent deaths if only so people can see who has died and what years they graced the planet. He could start with his father at the top then the Rev. Arthur Edward Watthey and the chap above Pat Durkin. Let's face it this website could go on for decades yet. So we might as well know whose come and gone till the last KBGS old boy meets his maker.