KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ilkley Lido

I have a wonderful memory of Ilkley Lido. I'd been Youth Hostelling at Burley Woodhead with the Keighley Young Ramblers and it was obviously a hot day as we walked down to the Lido. There was a stunning young female in a bikini sunning in the grass and I managed to take a photograph with my trusty Brownie 127. The funny part about the image is that there's this line of nobbly-kneed legs with hiking boots at the top of the photo all obviously stood staring at this wondrous beauty.
I could post it, but it's not really KBGS related.

Re: Ilkley Lido

go on...send it over!

Winter, spring or summer the plunge into Ilkley Lido outdoor pool remains a triumph of the will over what will happen to you once you immerse yourself in those chilly shocking outdoor waters!

I presume that this art deco masterpiece remains intact at lovely Ilkley?

Yes its still there and well patronised

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Ilkley Lido was on national BBC television last week. The point was in our current Arctic summer not one customer was seen swimming its icy waters. Hardly a surprise.

OK, to add some glamour to the site I've sent the image of the young girl at the Ilkley Lido as per my previous email!

Enjoy!!

There was a feature on 'Look North' the other day, saying that attendances this year are only about 50% of normal due to the weather. Income is £100K down.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Anyone identify (or even claim to be)the knobbly kneed appraisers?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Hellova rib cage!!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

The knees would belong to one of the following:

Alan 'Tash' Simmonds, David Rees, Harry 'Chuck' Liversedge, Steve 'Bisley' Presland or Malcolm Throup.

Not necessarily in that order!