KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Australian Branch of the Old Keighleyans

Reading the forum, one gets the impression that whilst many of us are still in the UK, if not in Yorkshire, many more are scattered around the world, spreading Yorkshire wit and wisdom to the lesser races. Just as a matter of interest, how many Old Boys are living in Australia and would be intersted in an antipodean reunion?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-61

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

Re: Australian Branch of the Old Keighleyans

Great idea, I'll be in that.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 56 - 62?

Current location (optional) Torquay, Victoria

Keighleyans or Keighlians?

Provided it is in Tasmania, I'm all for it.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Sassafras ,Tasmania

Well Trevor Pickles and I met up this year. That's a start. Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

OK, now I'm right flummoxed, Keighlians v Keighleyans, Australia v Tasmania, why not Van Diemans Land?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-61

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

For Gilbert Swift it would always be Keighlians.

Keighleyans is a total abomination!
Would you call someone form Leeds a Leedsian or from Glasgow a Glasgowian? Certainly not!. They are Leodensians and Glaswegians, so we are Keighlians.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-1964

Current location (optional) Wirral

Good for you Brian! You tell 'em how it is! Incidentally that 'little devil' from Tasmania, Mike Nichols, will be back in Yorkshire sometime on or after 10th of July. He may well be with his brother Peter, also a Forum contributor, and they intend dropping into Keighley at some stage. I've given Mike my phone number and he will be contacting me with regard to meeting up for a pub lunch when in Keighley. So, if there are any retired 'silver surfers' out there who remember Mike and/or would like to meet up with him, please contact me by E-mail or phone (01535-603304)and let's hope we manage to make contact.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 45-50

Current location (optional) Keighley

I also hope to be in Keighley for a few days in August after a visit to Italy. It is always a thrill to walk around the familiar places and to meet up with,either intentionally or accidentally,old friends and aquaintances.Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ