KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KBGS, our forum is officially recognised.

Such has been the success of KBGS forum, that the headmaster of Oakbank has acknowldged this in his main introduction to Oakbank Grammar school on their website.

He even refers to KBGS as that 'august institution', high praise indeed. Moreover, he suggests that old Oakbank pupils start a similar forum, although warning against posts of a scurrilous nature.

Interestingly, a perhaps a little hesitently, says that some old Keighlian magazines have been disovered. One for that peerless KBGS historian Anthony G. Smith to investigate no doubt.

Congratulations to Chris Firth for changing a contemporary headmaster's view of school history and websites.

Re: KBGS, our forum is officially recognised.

Excellent news, although I can't imagine what might have prompted the notion of "posts of a scurrilous nature"!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58 - 65

And,moreover,it is used. On my own website.or rather one I created for a club I belong to,I find it difficult to persuade people to use the Forum. It's a sign, I think, that after all these years we still have a lot in common. I was,incidentally, thrilled to see the photos of the inside of what is left of the old school, Very nostalgic after 58 years!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) '40-'48

Current location (optional) Epsom

I've just noticed in a 'Photo' post that Brian (Mr Memory) Moate states: 'My memory is not always accurate but I'm fairly sure this was the story' - I've just scanned a LONGSDON House report by Kevin Hawkins in 1963 which I hope Brian will accept as proof that his memory isn't all that good and that his House was LONGSDON and not LONGDEN. Chris should add it to the site in the near future.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 59-66

Current location (optional) Embsay

>>Chris should add it to the site in the near future.

actually haven't received it! so i can't add it.

Current location (optional) Singapore