KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PHOTO

I have a photo of kbgs rugby side from 1948 - am happy to scan it for anyone who might require a copy, or to put a copy of the Keighley sport history website
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/robgrillo1

Current location (optional) Oakworth

Re: PHOTO

Hi Rob--thanks for the offer. I'm sure it would be of interest to my generation in particular. I'm not sure if Geoff Moore left in '48,but it was about then, so maybe he is on there. He would have been one of the finest rugby players to ever play for KBGS. I remember watching the 1st XV playing one day and he scored a wonderful try,carrying at least four of the opposition over the line with him.I'm pretty sure he played League for Leeds on leaving school.Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

I've forwarded a copy to the webmaster of KBGS forum so it should be on this site soon !

Current location (optional) Oakworth

Finally got round to it:

Click here

Thanks for this Rob and Chris--the only two I think I can recognise are Frank Wakefield next to Gilbert Swift and second from the right,back row,is Jimmy Inman,prefect,from Haworth, now New Zealand.Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

Back Row-Left F. Jagger
Front Row-4th from left Colin Paver
My brother Peter knows most of the rest.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Sassafras ,Tasmania

Backrow 3rd from left Denis Hardy I think.
Front row 3rd from left Colin Paver, 5th Peter Ambler, 6th Michael Fox, then Brian Folkingham, I think and ? Lee in suit

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 41/46

Current location (optional) I.O.M.

Frank Jagger was mentioned above. In mid 50's he was active in Lund Park Methodist Church, and a Sunday School Superintendant. He left the area around 1960, and not too long after we heard the sad news he had been killed when the mast of a boat he was sailing on a river hit an overhead cable. My memory is not always accurate but I'm fairly sure this was the story.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-1964

Current location (optional) Wirral

Others recognised on the 1948 School XV are; Gerry Greenwood,extreme right on back row who played hooker for School, as well as wicket-keeper at cricket. Also Trevor(T.W.V.)Smith,wing forward, standing left/centre on back row, and lastly, Eric Pickering, captain, seated centre, holding ball, who played scrum half or stand off, I'm not just sure.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 45-50

Current location (optional) Keighley