KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Now & then!

This is the 4th attempt to post this message - hope it makes it this time.
The 'now & then' images have been a tad slow in appearing so I have sent 2 to Chris who will, I presume, place them in the 'photos' section.
The first is taken at home in Lawnswood Road circa '62, a poor original with some Photoshop manipulation. The second was taken at a recent Australia Post function in Melbourne.
Ok guys, I've shown you mine, now show me yours.

Cheers
tp

Re: Now & then!

Finally got round to it:

http://www.kbgs.com/nowandthen.htm

Click here.

Interesting stuff - Brian and Trevor ..fine specimens now as then! By some miracle, Brian has transmogrified from Jim Hall over the past forty years. Otherwise unchanged though. Trevor - it must be the barbies, but you look distinctly Australian! A bit like Tommy Emmanuel. If you can play your guitar like Tommy you'll have a lucrative retirement!

Good to "see you" again Brian after some 40 years. Pretty sure I wouldn't have recognised you in passing, though; you've retained too much hair.(If it's your own ,it puts me to shame!)

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58 -65

Brian has transmogrified back to Brian. Slight confusion in the cutting room.

Flipping heck, the Trevor Pickles tight jeans and winkle pickers are terrific! Plus of course the Elvis haircut. Great stuff.

1 more added

It seems disappointing to me that we only have 7 submissions in the Then and Now section. Are you all shy ??
Surely there must be some more of you with offerings ?
Perhaps you all dont have 'then' photos. If not maybe some could just submit 'now' photos so we know what you look like now. This would however spoil the format and might have to go in a separate section.

What about you Chris ? I have had the pleasure of meeting you twice , but other regular 'posters'
dont know what you look like! I know you arent an Old Boy (in th school sense) but as Webmaster I'd have thought we could make an exception!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-1964

Current location (optional) Wirral

Perhaps it's embarrassment, Brian, either with the "then" or "now".Or modesty over the way old boys have weathered life's burden? (Or disappointment?)I can say this: when at school I had a passport photo taken for university application purposes, my ears stuck out like London cab doors. Now they are pinned back to my head with no assistance from cosmetic surgery. Any theories?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Perhaps you feel it no longer worth straining to hear what's being said, Terry!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Moatequote: "It seems disappointing to me that we only have 7 submissions in the Then and Now section. Are you all shy" ??
OK - I hereby claim the coveted Kenny Prut award for best wrinkles....