KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3A 1961-62 from Ian Proctor

Fourth from left on front row is George Clarkson.
Gaines first name was Robert (R F Gaines) another Knowle Park cricketer. Cant help with the others (its the year below mine.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-1964

Current location (optional) Wirral

Re: 3A 1961-62 from Ian Proctor

Sorry I should have said the master is certainly English teacher David 'Cruddy' Crouch, in my experience the master least able to keep discipline.

Isn't that young Bennison fourth from the left [middle row] and to his left Stuart (Landis) Lund who was a good friend of Robert Gaines?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Not Michael Bennison, Shaun. He would have been in 4X 1961-2. Unless he had a younger brother whom I dont remember.
But you might be right about'Landis 'Lund, tallish with specs.

Careful scrutiny (and my glasses) confirm you're right Brian - not Benni at all.
I think it's a rather weightier version of Brian Horton.

Can only help with a few names.Back row Derek Cowbourne to the left of Chris Simpson,front row Dave Shaw to the left of Crouch and middle row possibly Steve Mitchell to the left of Andrew Proctor.

Which one is Simmo? I can't spot him. He went on to Sheffield University the year after me and we had the occasional drink together early on. He subsequently dated a friend of a friend of mine and then I had no further contact or news.
Anyone else got info about Simmo?

A few familiar names there. Robert Gaines and David Baldwin, two unlikely suspects, were my travelling companions to Cologne in the 6th form. I remember we got the train from Ostend and ended up camping a few miles up the Rhine. I even had a photo of myself at the top of Cologne Cathedral. David Manning, I taught where his father was deputy head, Hartington Middle School, for about a term.