KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sports Day Programmes

Does anyone have a copy of an old Sports Day Programme with the page showing all the various levels of champions from the commencement of Sports Days. I think they went back to about 1902.
I would have particularly like to see one for the year 46 or 47.?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 42-46

Current location (optional) Bingley (now) ex. Sutton-in Craven

Re: Sports Day Programmes

what about this
http://www.kbgs.com/athletics%20records1946.jpg

TO CHRIS FIRTH.

THE ITEM TO WHICH YOU REFERRED ME SHOWS THE RECORDS.
I WAS LOOKING FOR THE PAGE WHICH SHOWS THE VARIOUS WINNERS OF THE INDIVIDUAL SECTION FOR EACH YEAR.E.G. 1902 REV MORLEY BRIGHT OPEN CHAMPION.10-12,12-14,14-16, AND THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

To Derrick Birtwhistle. I have just sent off the relevant pages from the 1946 sports day programme which you are interested in seeing. I hope they contain the details you wanted .I see in the events you were a bit of an all rounder as you were also in the swimming too.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Tasmania

To Mike Nichols.
Pleased you found the items I was hoping to see. It does not seem to have been included in the recent updates or I haven,t looked in the right section. Any guidance please.

Many thanks.

Derrick- new stuff under "Sports records 1905-1945"

refresh your broswer if you don't see it

To C.Firth.

Many thanks for directing me to the above.