KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OLD BOYS FROM SUTTON-in-CRAVEN

Are there any "OLD BOYS" FROM SUTTON-IN-CRAVEN still around ?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 42-46

Current location (optional) SUTTON-IN-CRAVEN

Re: OLD BOYS FROM SUTTON-in-CRAVEN

Are you the Birtwhistle from the early forties ? If so I spent many cold days at Lawkholme Lane tackling you under the watchful eye of Taffy Morgan. You were bigger than the rest of us and I believe you were a friend of "Minnie" Dryden, another adversary but on the cricket field

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1941-46

Current location (optional) IOM

Michael G Towers (Tosh) was from Sutton. Many of the 'posters' on here will remember him
He married Jennifer Little, I was a guest the wedding and indeed played the organ for the service at Lund Park Methodists. They lived in Crossflatts at one time but I lost contact.
At the wedding I met his sister Shirley, and dated her for quite a while, this must have been around 1966-68, it was difficult because I was at Nottm Uni at the time. Then I met my wife!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-1964

Current location (optional) Wirral

There was a Frank Birtwhistle in my years there-- '47-51.I think he was from Sutton way--- cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

TO PETER NICHOLS.

YES I WAS AT KBGS IN THE EARLY FORTIES AND PROBABLY BIGGER THAN MOST IN OUR FORM.
TERRY DRYDEN PASSED THE SAME TYPE OF ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP AS I AND HE WAS INDEED RGARDED AS GOOD ON THE CRICKET FIELD ; PARTICULARLY BY "SCRATHCER" MARDEN
WHO WAS HIS HOUSE MASTER.TERRY WAS STILL AROUND IN THE KEIGHLEY AREA A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. HE HAD QUITE AND INTERESING CAREER.

TO WIZ.

CANNOT UNDERSTAND YOUR MESSAGE.??
PLEASE EXPLAIN.

TO BILL WALSH.

FRANK BIRTWHISTLE WAS MY YOUNGER BROTHER.
LIVES IN KEIGHLEY JUST RETIRED.

Thanks for that.Please pass on my regards.I wonder if he remembers me------- seeing as it is 54 years since I left.Check out the panorama photo for 1950,now posted, and see if you can find Frank.Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ