KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Next Reunion

The next reunion is being organised by Robert Bracken and will be held in the KRUFC clubhouse on Friday September 9th 2005 at 12 noon for a buffet lunch at 1.00 p.m. The cost is £11.75 and cheques should be made payable to Robert Bracken. The deadline for sending your remittances for your lunch is Friday August 26th.

Robert's address is:

21 Longcroft Park,
Molescroft,
Beverley,
East Yorkshire,
HU17 7DY

and he can be contacted on: 01482 861093.

Robert also advised me that partners are also welcome.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 59-66

Current location (optional) Embsay

Re: The Next Reunion

If anyone who posts here is attending maybe they could do a "write up" in this thread after the event.

Current location (optional) Singapore

Even better Chris, a nice clear photo with names underneath so that those of us living a distance away from Keighley can relate to our former school chums.

What about sending photos of how we look now? Or would that be too much of a shock? After all, I imagine posters as they were THEN.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-66

I wasn't able to get to this but understand George (?) Rannard, a history master in my day, was there. Does anyone know anything about his present state (age, health etc)or ,confidentially, his address so I can get in touch with him?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1948-51

Spike was at the reunion which for me was worth the trip from Lincoln. This website was given a plug so possibly someone with a Spike connection will contact you. Someone at the reunion told me that whilst at KBGS you were a friend of Fred Akeroyd. He was my Sunday School superintendant at Marlborough St. Congs in the '40s/50s. One of the "stunning" things about the reunion was the number of "multiple contacts" with those present - and couldavbeens - that I became aware of. Full marks to Robert Bracken for making so many renewed contacts possible.I believe that this function should be sustained until the last Old Keighlian fails to draw breath.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

See here the report.

http://www.kbgs.com/2005reunion.htm

I am IMPRESSED!!! The photos are excellent. The group by the entrance particularly - I knew all except Geoff Walker and there's no way I would have recognised them today. Maybe there's something in the comment from one contributor about keeping the memories as they were!!Anyway, I will still send 'now & then' images very soon.
I think I recognise one participant in the panorama, I'm sure it's my boss from Anderton Springs in 1963/66, Bryan Waterhouse - can anyone confirm? He's 9th from the right (10th if you count a hidden person).

Cheers
TP

Correct - Bryan Waterhouse was there and it is he in the panorama pic. I knew him at Ilkley Road Methodists. He was in good spirits and looked the picture of health. Don Chadwick was there but I can't find him on the group picture.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 52-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

Thanks Terry for your message re Spike. The photographs of the reunion were spectacularly good. If some one could provide a key to the Panorama it would be even better since although I recognise one or two faces I'm sure there are others I should recognise. At least it was good to put a face to your name Terry. We didn't overlap at school but some of my year were there e.g. Joe McDowell, Paul Greenwood, Jim Ogden and Donald Mosey. God willing I might make it in 2007!

I was surprised by the quality of the photo's. Sorry I missed it as I was planning on being there and would have scooped the prize for distance [Tasmania].However 2007 is on the cards. Like others its good to put a face to Terry. What a pity a lot of older "boys" were not present.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 43-46

Current location (optional) Tasmania