KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Madeline Seaton Berrington

Interesting, Chris - she seems to have taken early retirement at age 56. Didn't know people did that in the 1950's....judging buy her photo she probably got a better offer as a pin-up girl? Anybody got memories of her days as a staff member - must be one for Tom Punt...

I remember Frizzie well as she was my first form teacher in 1A in 1947.She had white frizzie hair and prominent teeth and she spit a bit when excited---thank goodness I sat in a back desk.She also had a habit of pulling boys out of their seats by their ears !! A good teacher non the less.She taught English mainly and a bit of history.She must have been a fair age when she died.Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) candbwalsh@xtra.co.nz

Indeed I remember 'Frizzie' as you all seem to call her. I think this name was used for her in my day, also 'Fanny'. She taught me English early on and some Latin. She was a most generous-hearted lady. She was quick to commiserate with me when a great school friend, David Hewitt, died suddenly of a brain tumour. I remember her with affection -- a pity she didn't have more years of happy retirement.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) tomtpunt@aol.com

I well remember "Frizzie" who taught History to our forms 1a, 2a, and 3a, 1943-46. She must have had terrible eyesight as her glasses were so thick you had a job to see her eyes. She had a wonderful way of keeping order by walking down between the desks and if you were not paying attention she held a book with the fingers to the back and gave you such a whack across the back of the head you saw stars. However she must have done a fair job on me as my interest in History has lasted all my life and I put it down to "Frizzie".

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) mikemarynichols@hotmail.com