KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Anthony C (Gus) Cullingford

I have vague memories of Mr Cullingford. Yes,some incident about him falling off a mountain. He played rugby for the Keighlians, where my brother met him.

Can anyone else remember the bad weather lunchtime(s) with Gus on duty, when he would lead communal singing in the assmbly hall? - stuff like "Ilkley Moor B'aht 'at", etc. Great fun and an inspiring guy!

Just checked UK Info disc, based on electoral roll, now there are two of them! Anthony C Cullingford in Saxmundham , Suffolk. Also Antony C Cullingford in Tewkesbury Gloucs. I wonder which he is?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) brianmoate@hotmail.com

Brian. I hope your not doing ID searches on me with electoral rolls etc. I had to change my identity,and have been in a "safe" place for 40 years. MI5,Spooks,that sort of thing. Please don't blow my cover.It's already been suggested I was Lucan's butler.