KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Ali

I remember this guy. He arrived one morning in floods of tears due to the demise of one of his relations. I seem to remember he had the whole class praying with him. His maths teaching was a bit suspect, especially his "simontanious" equations.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) d.r.boddy@btinternet.com

I had an "Asian?" teacher by the name of Mr Gambia? who took us for Maths. When we got a "bit out of hand" he used to shout "shadap" in the goon type fashion. Would he and Ali be one of the same?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) fonth@btinternet.com

Current location (optional) Under the cellar stairs

Can`t remember except that this maths master was suspect with my class.

Ali 'Khan' ?
I remember him well.
A well intentioned and completly incompetant teacher.
He took 2B for maths at the beginning of academic year 1961-62. It took us a few weeks to actually understand anything he said.
I still struggle with algebra, but I can't blame this man, even though I wandered around for years looking for 'axey squwared'
Poor guy.
I seem to remember he left after about a term and was not missed.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) tennanthoward@hotmail.com

Re: Re: Ali

I had a similar problem in the lower 6th with the Liverpudlian maths teacher (ex Leeds civ eng) who introduced us to radians and talked about 'ambles'. I was a long time before the penny dropped that it wasn't a new branch of maths.....

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) bill@bracewel.demon.co.uk