KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Kirkcudbright Summers

Just visited the area and it was superb. Brought back great memories.

Never went to the summer camp at Kirkcubright, but a recent visit to sleepy Grange over Sands brought back memories of spending a week at Humphrey Head Camp with Form 2b in '61 or '62.From memory I believe we were the first KBGS class to go, although children from Keighley had been going there for many years previously.A geography master called Ellis accompanied us but this still didnt stop various individuals and groups getting lost on outings.Good fun thoughout, does anyone else remembers the place?

I went to Kirky almost every year between 1954/60 and remember every year as being a great success. Yes, of course sometimes it rained(?) but believe it or not, in one of the earlier years, I got sunstroke on the very first bathing parade. My fault - I fell asleep in the sun on the beach. Old Nick had warned us in advance, even calling on Arthur Durham (I think) of the Forage Party to show us his back which was one huge water blister. Spent the next four days in bed with a blinding(quite literally)headache. One of the best summers we ever had!!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) phildore@tinyworld.co.uk