KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: It was all Arthur Watthey's idea

Actually, this remarkeable unseasonal cold weather at the moment reminded me of 1963 when it was a very cold winter. One of the lads, a Peter Tolson, used to say: 'It's a right Pearl Harbour today'. I asked him what he meant by that. He said: 'Oh you know, there is a nasty Nip in the air'. Fine sense of humour, that Tolson.

Re: It was all Arthur Watthey's idea

I remember Peter Tolson. He was one of the many hard nuts that used to occupy the crease in the T stream. Presumably leaving to take up a tradesman career about the period of 4T or 5T. I did see him many years later and he was a successful electrician. I presume T stood for technical as opposed to academic. I wish 'Tolly' well for giving that guttersnipe Kevin Emmot a sound thrashing once in the bus station.