KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: More Chemistry

Although Chemmy was my best 'O' level, I can't keep pace with the super memories at work on this site - but I do remember some of Stoker's much rehearsed lines:
When beginning a test, he would state, "He who looks though he's looking, is copying - under the act!" I never got that last bit.

When explaining how a calculation was to be done, at the point where Avogadro's hypothesis was to be applied, he would bellow "Good old Avogadro!"

He would insert, "Apples a pound pears!" when reminding the class how the data for a calculation was to be set out as an equation. I think this had something to do with Boyle's Law. Kids doing their homework in the Library could be seen sitting up and saying allowed, "Apples a pound pears " and then getting down to the calculation.

Sorry - that should have read:
"He who looks as though he looks as though he's looking, is copying - under the act"

Come here - here's another :
Definition of "inert" "Won't do nothing for nobody no how never".