KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: 1964 Panorama

Well, Brian - I didn't fare much better (and me with the benefit of the full staff list from the Speech Day programme too)! But here goes:
?;? (but he came from Barlick on the bus every day!);Tony Thatcher;Sid Brown;Chisholm; Pike;Jones;Dave Labram;Pete Messenger;John Whitley; Alan Wearmouth; Mick Sharpe;Eric Walton; the lovely Susan Somebody-or-other(junior secretary to the adjacent...); M Reilly;Fred Catley;?; Kirk; Williams;?; either Myra Hindley or Miss A M Collingham (Art Teacher); Miss A M Latton (guessing here -name cribbed from Speech Day Programme);?; R Bretherton; French Assistant; Firman; Dunthorne; Wilby; Swift; Hughes; GN Williams (?); S Riley; Trenouth;Watthey; Midgley;Wellock; Robinson; Moore; Jackson; Fearnside;Ellis; E Riley;Payne; Crowther; Day; ?;?;?;?;?;?;?;?; Kev Hawkins;? Rik Battarbee; John Bailey; Jim Hall;Dave Harding;Mike Royston; Keith Lowcock; John Bracewell; Brian Moate; John Hammond;Dave Haig; ?; Stead

Thank you Jonah! It was the lovely Susan Somebody-or-other. I remember now. When I asked anonymously who remembered the name of the young secretary Brian claimed it was Miss Reilly.
I don't even remember Miss Reilly, let alone squeezing past her on the staircase as often as possible.

N.B. It was Brian Moate who supplied the misinformation, not Brian Craven.

Well of course it was, Shaun!

How about this - a few additions
The gorgeous Susan, not so gorgeous Miss Reilly,Catley, Purkiss, Kirk, Eastwood (poor chap),Capps, Miss Collingham, Miss Latton, Shuttleworth, Bretherton, Possibly French assistant (looks a bit Gallic), Firman, Dunthorne, Wilby, Swift, Hughes, Williams(Mad Willie), Riley, Trenouth, Watthey, Midgeley, Wellock, Robinson, Moore, Jackson, Fearnside, Ellis, Riley, Peacock (never was a man more aptly named - fancied himself like nobodies business), Payne, Crowther, Day, ?, Smith,Williams(Welsh Willie), Williams (Mod Willie - came to school on a Lambretta), Pack,Hargreaves,Cowx,Jobling (Lab asst), Charismatic, fun loving K Hawkins, (18 going on 50)etc. Absent - Bloomfield, Holbrey.

Can anyone remember the day when the old assembly hall was packed with hundred's of boys due I think to games and even the dreaded cross country run being cancelled due to bad weather. When the gorgeous Susan appeared from the junior corridor at the back of the hall. She walked straight through the centre this hoard of leering boys when some brave individual wolf whistled at her. My failing memory recalls it was Allinson in charge. He threatened everyone in the hall with detention if the culprit did not own up. The culprit did own up but can anyone recall who the culprit was, or is this all a figmant of my imagination.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) d.r.boddy@btinternet.com

Yes, I remember that lovely secretary Susan. And such a contrast with the old dragon Ms Reilley. I don't suppose it was easy having all those lustful eyes on you!

I remeber the lovely Susan. Also remember the wolf whistle (now) but can't remember who.

IIRC I later (post 67) saw Susan serving on in the Wellington.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) bill@bracewel.demon.co.uk