KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: School Holidays 2 - Italy 1963

No Brian it was 1964 I know because I broke my leg on Marley tip in Sept 1963 and the choice language!!
Yes, I accompanied Ben Tren on his grand tour. I remember eating grapefruit segments out of a tin in a couchette with the famous Geoff Funnel
Also I remember George CLARKSON eating some salami out of a paper bag At the time we were travelling at speed on a coach from Pompei. G screwed his face up and threw the bag and its smelly contents out of the bus window. The paper bag etc. landed fairly and squarely in a Neopolitan ladies face . She was taking the air in an open - topped landeau as we overtook
There are many ,many memories of those halcyon days.
Topical today I was standing next to Ben Tren on the boat as we approached the white cliffs of Dover. He said I like going abroad but you can`t beat coming back to England.Itwasn`t me Sir. Chuckle chuckle
On the train coming into Bfd.all being tired there was an altercation with Mike Jackson teacher and I seem to think Mozart lost it!!.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) john@jfackroyd.fslife.co.uk

Current location (optional) KBGS

Re: School Holidays 2 - Italy 1963

Hello John, delighted to see you posting on this site.
Yes you are right it was Easter 1964, just before we moved to Oakbank, and immediately before I did 'A'levels. I dont remember the argument with Jackson though. I still have some old 35mm slides of that trip, one in particular with you and Brian Shuttleworth at the top of Vesuvius

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) brianmoate@hotmail.com

Re: Re: School Holidays 2 - Italy 1963

Hello Brian A lot of water has passed under the bridge since `64 but that trip is still remembered fondly. Do you remember the delicious breakfast on Berne or Basle station and Robert Gaines being the instigator of us all shouting Oggy Oggy etc. on the station?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) john@jfackroyd.fslife.co.uk

Current location (optional) KBGS