KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: School Holidays - 1. Spain 1961

Brian, you were right. Spain was 1961, and Jim Hall went too.
He needed a shave part way through the holiday and you and I forced him into a barber's shop for one. Turned out that they used cut-throat razors but Jim was a stoic fellow and remained continent the whole way though - a feat that we only just managed because of the unbridled laughter.
There was also that fellow from the sixth form with the glasses (name long forgotten) who was picked up by the police after overindulging a little and chanting loudly down the Ramblas. Thank goodness they didn't speak French since even my limited knowledge enabled me to translate "Franco to the gallows" quite easily.
There was a second visit from the police when someone was climbing from balcony to balcony on the third floor - again after a little too much San Miguel.
I have a photo of us all setting off from Keighley railway station - if I can find it I'll post it on the site