KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Was Derek Cronshaw a sadist?

Why would it be polite to called John Ackroyd 'Ackers'. Anyway, I thought it was the tragically boring deep-voiced Chris Ackroyd we called 'Ackers'. As regards Cronshaw, if it was today, he would be behind bars in no time at all.

Not sure if Cronshaw was, however Snakey Emery definitely was a sadisth3awBr

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-1961

Current location (optional) Australian Blue Mountains via Haworth

Not sure if Cronshaw was, however Snakey Emery definitely was a sadist

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-1961

Current location (optional) Australian Blue Mountains via Haworth

I never had Cronshaw. But Snakey came into class one day and said if he came in another time and we were making so much noise, then he would beat all of us. Of course next lesson, he said were were, and he did beat all of us !

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

As senior on a school dinner table (in the old Mechanics Hall), one day we erroneously collected one portion of pud too much.

I learnt later that there were some boys who had missed out and that Arthur wanted to see all table heads.

I met him in his study and confessed that we had mistakenly over–collected and apologised for not returning the surplus portion of “stodge”. He treated me to a few corrective words of information and advice which I took on board.

The following day, as we met walking in opposite directions on the senior corridor, I saw Mr Cronshaw who halted and theatrically addressed me – “Ha, you’re the boy who steals other boys’ dinners!”

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Nirvana