KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Miss Reilly

Is it in any way indicative of the type of youth attending kbgs that the topics most frequently visited on this site are based on sex and sadism?

Yes absolutely! (through under- and over-exposure resectively during our formative years).

Congratulations, to Brian R. Moate for introducing a very interesting subject to the 'old boys'. Most, would I supect, have forgotten the shadowy figure of Miss Riley but for him.

Thanks to Brain R Moate for re-introducing KBGS old boys to the shadowy and intriguing Miss Riley. Until I read this website recently I had quite forgotten abour her. I am sure many would be curious as to what happened to her and if Joe 'keeps in touch' with the dear lady.

I have done a bit of research using UK Info Disk 7, based on the electoral roll.
Of course Miss Reilly (I'm sure that was the spelling)may have later married, and not now be called Reilly.
There are no un married M Reilly's in Eastbourne.
Nearest I could find were a Miss May Reilly in Bexhill on Sea, and a Miss Marion E Reilly in Lewes. I have no idea whether either of these was Joe's whipping girl.
The same disk enabled me to trace Dale Vincent Firman in Bridgnorth, and Anthony C Cullingford in Woodbridge.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) brianmoate@hotmail.com

Over 200 views on this subject and still climbing. Congratulations to Brian R Moate for raising the exciting subject of Miss Reilly. I wonder what she thinks about her new found fame, after all these years.

Is it possible that Peter Watthey could ask his father in Leicestershire whatever became of his secretary Miss Riley. Some of us remain curious as regards this mysterious woman.

Actually I asked Peter to ask his father to write something for the Website (although not related to Miss Reilly). That was a few weeks ago, so hopefully we will have a few words from an ex-Headmaster soon.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) cpfirth@singnet.com.sg

Current location (optional) www.kbgs.com

Good idea Chris. I hope he has not been irritated by the salacious stuff or plain innacurate observations, but that happens on an open forum. Incidentally, while KBGS is an example of a defunct Educational Institution with a lively forum for old boys there is also another one nearby. The former Bingley College of Education in Lady Lane, Bingley, closed in 1977. However it does have a lively website for former students. Incidentally I believed some ex-KBGS pupils went there and some ex-KBGS staff taught there. The Bingley College website is www.bingleycollege.co.uk

I thought I would just move this up to the front again in case the Rev Watthey sees it and he can enlighten us about the whereabouts of his former right arm Miss Riley. Especially as her Christian name has intrigued a few us.

I bet Ms Riley read Lady Chatterley's Lover!

Perhaps Ms Reilly will attend the Rev A.E. Watthey's funeral?