KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How are you guys doing today?

I hope you are all well in these trying times!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 57-64

Current location (optional) London

Re: Enoch Powell was right

Well, for blind, parochial racists, I guess so!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick, Cumbria

Re: Enoch Powell was far right

There is one former KBGS lad, whom I won't name for obvious reasons, who really does deserve a statue to be erected to celebrate his achievements. In, I think, 1967 he was at what is now Bradford University and Powell was there, making a speech. The good students of Bradford, including my friend, ensured that he had to finish his speech sitting in the fountain.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

n Re: Enoch Powell an expert on India

Lets us know more Shaun. Don't hold back.

By the way let us praise the mighty Lord Ian Botham who was a student at Bradford College of Advance Technology not so long ago. Later it became the the misnamed Bfd University.

Lord Botham started in Scunthorpe before buying an estate in North Yorkshire. And refuses to appear on biased BBC!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1961-68

Current location (optional) Bingley

Is this the same Ian Botham who sued Imran Khan for libel after Khan accused him of "ball tampering"? As I recall Botham lost the case and had to pay all the costs.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55/60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

I notice too that there is a white Australian wine named after Beefy - greatly overpriced in Booth's supermarket. Anyone tried it?

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick, Cumbria

Gosh! I never thought I would know someone that could afford to shop at Booth's 😉

Imran Khan - a spin doctor?

Is not the randy sophisticated Imran Khan a bit of a spin doctor himself. Several wives and billions of structural aid dollars flushing in from China, Yet no mention of the treatment of the Uighers and the Tibetans to President Xi in Beijing. Sorry to mention it as its irrelevant in grey backwater Keighley. Where once a great school existed. Its KBGS alumni changed the country for better.

Anyway lets drink beefy's wine instead though the perfornance in India of our cricketing boys was pathetic. Is it that difficult to dance around spin bowling and whack it to the boundary. Frank Wellock would have been less than impressed. With good reason. Those of us who played in the KBGS first team usually beat the upmarket public school opposition. A victory for the sporting working class I would suggest.

Current location (optional) Bingley

Re: Imran Khan - a spin doctor

Khan the politician may well be all you say he is, but I do not recall him ever being accused of cheating at cricket.

G'day young Doug, can you point me in the direction of the 'Beefy' white wine - can't find any mention of it here in downtown Torquay.

Re: How are you guys doing today?

I'm very confused by this post.

Re: How are you guys doing today?

"You can easily confuse a stupid person, Dud." Peter Cook

Enoch Powell an expert on India

What is the label on this beefy wine. I will drink it for purely patriotic reasons. Not long ago there was a nice photo of Botham and Boris walking on the Lords pitch together discussing political strategies. No doubt Boris was explaining how accepting a peerage could be very advantageous to both parties. Though actually Botham is now a cross bencher. Something must have been overlooked by Boris.

Current location (optional) Leeds

Re: Enoch Powell an expert on India

This may be the wine Doug is referring to:
https://www.cellarmasters.com.au/white/chardonnay/wine/botham-76-series-margaret-river-chardonnay-wy6087
Also, good news, the unsavoury websites seem to have disappeared!!!!

Re: Enoch Powell an expert on India

Niggas