KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Timothy Taylor

Draught Landlord was available at my Golf club. The 19th hole. My handicap was the clubs.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1953-8

Current location (optional) Brighouse

Re: Billy Boston

Hi Peter,
We never met. You are much younger than myself. And living in Cape Town! Wonderful place - I have visited a couple of times. The reason for this post is the enquire whether you ever came across a lad who was in my form at KBGS who emigrated to Cape Town many years ago to work in the textile industry. His name was Henry Calow. Long shot but I thought I’d give it a try.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk

Re: Timothy Taylor

The nineteenth hole! What a traveller! And you even found Taylor's Landlord at that far spot? Proves my point, doesn't it?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick

Re: Timothy Taylor At the Gold club.

Although I didn't realise it at the time, the Professional at the golf club was an ex Ryder Cup player.I should have taken lessons. The brother of a mate of mine did take lessons and ended up playing for Yorkshire.

Missed the boat again!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1953-58

Current location (optional) Brighouse