KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Rugby

Trevor PIckles
Aye, it were easy for me, I lived in Lawnswood road, just over t\'road from Lund Park. And yes, I remember going to t\'Oxford picture \'ouse Satdy neets, couldn\'t see t\'screen for blue smoke!!!!
Henry Calow Sorry Denis never knew the guy.

Mea culpa in introducing T Hollidrake to this thread.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1953-8

Current location (optional) Brighouse

Re: Billy Boston

Hi Peter,
We never met. You are much younger than myself. And living in Cape Town! Wonderful place - I have visited a couple of times. The reason for this post is the enquire whether you ever came across a lad who was in my form at KBGS who emigrated to Cape Town many years ago to work in the textile industry. His name was Henry Calow. Long shot but I thought I’d give it a try.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk

Re: Rugby

I’m certainly not complaining. Just pleased that a few old boys are keeping this web site from folding. Hollingdrake came after my time.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk

Re: Rugby

The 'scrattin shed', Denis, with its huge logo along the front, 'Taylor's for Men of the North.' Whoever would have thought then that Taylor's would someday become the choice beer for men of the World, more or less anywhere in the World?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick

Timothy Taylor

Draught Landlord was available at my Golf club. The 19th hole. My handicap was the clubs.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1953-8

Re: Timothy Taylor

The nineteenth hole! What a traveller! And you even found Taylor's Landlord at that far spot? Proves my point, doesn't it?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick

Re: Timothy Taylor At the Gold club.

Although I didn't realise it at the time, the Professional at the golf club was an ex Ryder Cup player.I should have taken lessons. The brother of a mate of mine did take lessons and ended up playing for Yorkshire.

Missed the boat again!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1953-58