KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: KBGS Annual Reunions

Good to see this post Doug (though I'm not sure how many others will see it). Maybe it would be useful if those of us who do see it relay the information to those with whom we are in contact just in case they no longer use the site.
Given the current situation I would be amazed if anyone has dates in their 2021 diary for September. As far as I'm concerned, if things have eased by then, any date you choose would be great.
I'll relay the info. to my contacts.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

I had assumed that there would be no re-union lunch this year Doug. Primarily because I’d seen no reference to it on the web, no request for payment etc., and then I had a message in a roundabout way from David Seeley to the effect that the Keighlians Club premises at Utley was shut down - no catering! It’s a bugger intit?
But I was delighted to see a message from you on the web, even though it didn’t contain good news. You hadn’t posted anything for quite a while and I was beginning to worry about you.
Put me down for one place for the 2021 Re-union. Although I’m slowing down, I’ll try to keep going for another year. Sadly, Dorothy, who kept me company for several years died earlier this year.
Good to see that Joe McDowell is still drawing breath. He and I played together in the same Keighlians team back in the early 1950’s.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk

With fewer and fewer people accessing this forum since the demise of the main KBGS site, it might be worth mentioning that there is a Facebook group for KBGS and KGGS. Any of you with access to Facebook, or with friends or relatives who do, might consider joining the group and advertising future reunions there. The link is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/590080281081535/

That date might, might!, be a problem for me, Doug, we have been told to reserve that day for the grand-daughters wedding. Under the current situation re covid a lot can happen in 12 months, though😉

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55/60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

Thanks to all wh0o have replied to my update and, indeed, to the many people who have viewed my message and are therefore now aware of where we stand at the moment. I shall come back with further notices from time to time. Alec, as that date is possibly not a good one for you we shall change it. Up to now we have always followed a tradition established before my time and held the Reunions on a Friday, in September, but is there any good reason why we should still hold to that? We are all now well and truly retired and maybe a mid-week day would be better - the weekends being times when our children and grandchildren fix their family 'dos' that distract us from the really important even of the year... Any thoughts?

Best wishes in the meantime,

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick, Cumbria

Any day is fine with me, Doug, just not that day (at the moment :-) )

Regards, Sue and Alec.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55/60

Current location (optional) Harrogate