KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Books

Great stuff: mine was Walden.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1953-58

Current location (optional) Brighouse

P Lancaster
We read fine things but never feel them to the full until we have gone the same steps as the author. John Keats

P Lancaster
P Lancaster
We read fine things but never feel them to the full until we have gone the same steps as the author. John Keats

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read."

Mark Twain

Bartlett's Familiar Quotations [chronological authors] is a good companion to The Oxford Dictionary Of Quotations [alphabetical authors] Non sibi sed domo Smith House

P Lancaster
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book? ... Thoreau
Arrogant Reporter: What made you solve the case?

Morse: Something I read in a book.

Re: Passage

P Lancaster
Bartlett\\\\\\\'s Familiar Quotations [chronological authors] is a good companion to The Oxford Dictionary Of Quotations [alphabetical authors] Non sibi sed domo Smith House
Does anyone know the original purpose? Between the door at the back of the Assembly Hall and the corridor leading into the dining room. (Municipal Hall)