KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tom Moore, WW2 Veteran

Mike Nichols
10 million now. . Can we get a message of congratulation to him from this collection of old boys . I think the right chap for this is Doug Thomson on our behalf.
On reading this post I searched and found an address for Tom Moore. Wrote a letter of thanks to him on behalf of the contributors to this site. Judging by the quantity of mail he is reputed to have received it may be 2025 before he sees it.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

£29 million! And promotion to Colonel. Surely no old boy has achieved such fame. Happy hundredth birthday Tom.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk

Well done Shaune..

After several unsuccessful attempts to contact Tom or his family since this thread started, I have at last made contact with his grandson Benjamin who emailed me today to say that he would speak to Tom in the coming days regarding his time at KBGS and what he could remember about it. He said "I can't promise you he will remember much but we will have a look"

I will let you know the outcome in due course.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1937-44

Current location (optional) Huntingdon

Well, well. That's good news.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

I was disappointed that there was no mention of Tom's attendance at KBGS or any other school in last night's ITV film on the Life and Times of Captain Sir Tom Moore. Did anyone else watch it? I wonder whether his autobiography which I think is due out next month will reveal more information than was contained in the film.
I have heard nothing further from his grandson Ben but, if and when I do, I will post it on here.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1937-1944

Current location (optional) Huntingdon