www.kbgs.com

KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KBGS website.

Although I am not a regular contributor to the KBGS website I have followed and read the contributions made by many other former students. The history in the form of Pictures and written articles has made interesting reading for a good number of years. Suddenly the main part of the site has been removed from existence. Why has this happened and are we likely to see it again?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1949 -53

Current location (optional) Bingley.

Re: KBGS website.

I am also puzzled as to why we can reach the forum but not the main website as the link appears not to be working.Any thoughts?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1948-54

Alan, Bryan, worried like you that we may have lost the considerable archive that has accumulated over the past dozen or so years, I am in touch with the former webmaster, Chris Firth (who set up the website in the first place), and he has been most helpful. In fact, on a prompt from him just now, I am on the site once again for the first time in several weeks, so am hopeful that it is just a blip and that things will soon be back to 'normal'. Chris has promised to get back to me with more detailed information, later in the day, so hopefully I shall have positive things to report later.

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick, Cumbria

Back again. Chris tells me that if you can't access in the normal way then to use the url below. It certainly worked for me.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3149066665&frmid=48&msgid=0

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick, Cumbria

Mmmm, not working for me Doug.

Very strange. It had become unavailable for me but has been OK since Sunday 12th.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Forum is the only thing I can log onto.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55/60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

More peculiar problems here. I can now get into the main part of the website but once I go to the forum I can't get out of it again. I think I'll put Hotel California on for a listen.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds