KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dale Kenneth Vincent-Firman

Just fiddling around on Ancestry website, and I found his birth record in Wolverhampton in 1932, and his marriage to Margaret Nyquist in Blackpool in 1958, which was the year he came to KBGS (same time as Watthey and Peart among others). I also established he was living in Bridgnorth in 2005. Most didn't like him, but I got on with him fine, geography being one of my better subjects. Anyone have any memories of him ?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Re: Dale Kenneth Vincent-Firman

Oh yes!
Vince "taught" me history to O-level. Strangely every topic we covered seemed to have 20 important points.
When I went in to the school to get my O-level results I bumped into Vince as I was leaving. He asked how I had got on in History. I told him I had passed. He humphed, said that never had there been a greater injustice in the history of mankind and walked off. A charming fellow.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

I do remember his bullying rages. When he hurled the board duster at Dable, he missed and it made a hole in the cardboard corridor wall.

Ah Allan you've made me recall when he chased young Sawley round the classroom kicking him repeatedly.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Fake news, Shaun! Sawley kept throwing himself in front of Vince’s foot...