KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: School trips

John,

I am absolutely certain there would be a lot of interest in these images and I'm sure I speak for many in thanking you for your kind offer. I was lucky enough to go on the first trip your father organised - to Holland, in 1954 - and as it was also the first time in my life I had ever been 'abroad' the memory of it has always stayed with me. When last in Amsterdam, a few years ago, I stumbled across the hotel we had stayed in on Prinzengracht - the Hotel Weischmann - and I remembered then, as I do now, what a great educational service Ben Tren performed for the many boys who were able to take advantage of his yearly trips to different European locations, at a time when even France was still a very foreign country.

Doug Thompson

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick, Cumbria

First 25 images uploaded. I've tried to number each image so corrections, comments & names can be referenced.
Apologies for any errors in location or year.
More to follow

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1960-1968

Current location (optional) Near Skipton

Priceless collection. Many thanks for uploading these, John.

I remember during the Italy trip John T's elder sister came also, and spread a rumour that Italian summer time began and clocks should be changed. It may have even be April 1st . Some fell for it and missed breakfast.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral