KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
School trips

I have about 100 photographs of various school trips organised by my late father Frank (Ben) Trenouth. these include a number of passport photographs, group photos in various exotic locations etc. Some are in colour but many are monochrome, copied from the original negatives. A few of the mounted slides have been annotated with dates & locations & some of the others are obvious (Rome,The Black Forest, Holland, Vesuvius etc). As the family never got to go on these trips (with the exception of one trip which included my sister) I am unsure of dates & exact locations.
Would there be any interest in these images? if so I will start to upload them on to the site

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1960-1968

Current location (optional) Near Skipton

Re: School trips

John,

I am absolutely certain there would be a lot of interest in these images and I'm sure I speak for many in thanking you for your kind offer. I was lucky enough to go on the first trip your father organised - to Holland, in 1954 - and as it was also the first time in my life I had ever been 'abroad' the memory of it has always stayed with me. When last in Amsterdam, a few years ago, I stumbled across the hotel we had stayed in on Prinzengracht - the Hotel Weischmann - and I remembered then, as I do now, what a great educational service Ben Tren performed for the many boys who were able to take advantage of his yearly trips to different European locations, at a time when even France was still a very foreign country.

Doug Thompson

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick, Cumbria

First 25 images uploaded. I've tried to number each image so corrections, comments & names can be referenced.
Apologies for any errors in location or year.
More to follow

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1960-1968

Current location (optional) Near Skipton

Priceless collection. Many thanks for uploading these, John.

I remember during the Italy trip John T's elder sister came also, and spread a rumour that Italian summer time began and clocks should be changed. It may have even be April 1st . Some fell for it and missed breakfast.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral