KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Neville Hind

Hi Denis, An interesting posting here from your good self, the subject of which rang a distant bell with me when I first read it. The medal that 'Old Nick'received was in fact, the Military Medal and I could recall commenting on this some years ago(Sept 2007 to be exact)
If you return to your original posting and scroll up you will find a Search Box on the right. If you enter the words 'Military Medal' and click on 'search', it should take you back to 2007 and a topic heading of 'Where are they now?', containing 5 comments on two teachers, Leonard Stockdale and Neville Hind, which should fill in some earlier gaps for you.
Reference is made on one 'posting', to a newspaper clipping about the death of Neville Hind following his collapse at York Railway Station, which as yet,I've been unable to find. David

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley

Re: Neville Hind

Name: Neville Hind
Regimental Number: 38485
Regiment: Lancashire Fusiliers
Medals: Military Medal

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral