KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dr Kevin H Hawkins OBE

Please see my post under Family Notices

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Re: Dr Kevin H Hawkins OBE

Very sad news, Brian. I have fond memories of Kev when we were at school, mostly involving his thespian activities. Sadly I had to vote against him in the school election, where he was the Tory candidate! He achieved such a great deal in his life and this news will come as a great sadness to all who knew him. I never saw him again after he left school early, having gained his university place. I did, however, occasionally hear him on Radio 4 when he was the spokesperson for the CBI or Safeway. A big loss.

I understand from my sister that there is an article about Kevin in this weeks (18th Oct) KN, though I cannot at the moment find it on the on - line KN published today

Yes, Brian. Your sister is correct. There is a good half-page write up on Page 7 of this weeks K.News with plenty of information relating to his 'life and times'-and a nice photograph of him too! A 'famous old boy' if ever there was one!
Like you Brian, I couldn't find anything about him on the Keighley News on-line site. David

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley

Another bit..https://www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/16970753.tribute-paid-as-former-senior-aire-valley-councillor-dies-aged-71/