KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cox's Roundabout

Wasn't the roundabout outside The Albert Hotel always there - or is my memory playing tricks?

Current location (optional) Torquay, Australia

Re: Cox's Roundabout

Gents - an Update.

Over the weekend of the 7/8th August, I was in Wakefield on business, after which I stopped by Keighley visiting the library to go through the available archive. Unfortunately nothing was found, however an extraordinary peice of luck occurred when I stopped by a Jeep garage in the Bradford Road and asked whether anyone might know somebody who worked at F E Cox in the 1960's and can you believe a gent called Brian had just popped in and he used to be an apprentice there in the 60's!

The reason for my research is due to a Jaguar (E Type) I purchased in 2011, that was sold new through Cox's in 1962. A year or so after my purchase in 2011 I met with the owners son then 83 (who still resided in his fathers house) who had invited me after an exchange of correspondence to come up for tea so he could be reunited with the car and which he had used in period.

Back to the weekend of 7/8, Brian kindly gave me names of former colleagues and one in particular Ray had worked on my car in period and he remembered well the owner. More information is being gathered but I just wanted to show how helpful this forum has been in unlocking this peice of research - I will update later. The thing I would dearly like to find would be a photo of F.E Cox in the 60's when the overhanging clock was in position over the National petrol pumps in Bradford Road.

Current location (optional) hertfordshire