www.kbgs.com

KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Calling all Silsdeners = ex KGGS and KBGS pupils

I remember the Pirates very well. My good friend Kevin Hawkins as the Major General ( was in touch with him a few years ago), and I think Alan Brooke, a neighbour of ours was Frederick. Not sure about Mabel, but possibly Evelyn Whitaker (whom I once dated) and Judith Sugden would be possibilities. The fire was March 1962 just before I did 'O' levels, we didnt get a week off like those classes not doing public exams that summer. Going back to Kevin , he had a mass of nearly black hair which had to be liberally dosed with talcum powder to make it white. When I saw him more recently its was exactly how it should have been for playing the Major General. Wasn't Kevin from Silsden like you ? (PS I am a relative of Miss Shirley Balmer, later Mrs Twigg, who taught Geography). I wasnt a Silsdener though.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral