KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Proposed demolition of the old KBGS on North Street

Hi Mike, In Jan's defense her entry was dated 6th May 2016, a few days after the Demolition Notice was posted on the 30th of April of that year. You own posting ,Mike, was dated January,2018, some 18 months later. The whole site had been up for sale since August of 2013 with few if any, offers. During that period some work had been carried out demolishing the old boiler house and a disused porch on North St. to make the property more attractive. When the decision to demolish was agreed, the first job was to get rid of the air raid shelters under the old playground after which the serious work of clearing the site got underway by the end of October 2016. The work was effectively completed in early June 2017.
Most days I walked past the site on my way into town and often had my camera with me. In all I had taken some 347 photos of the site and the demolition over a 4-year period and I offered them to the Keighley & Dist Local History Society(of whom I am a member) They in turn, have put them on their 'Flickr Site', duly edited. Should anyone be interested there are some 219 photos on the site, and you can go to"www.flickr.com/photos/keighleyhistory/albums/page1" to view. When I last looked there had been some 48 views over a 2 week period on site. See what you think! David

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) KeighleyStill)

David - the flickr site is good. I wonder if we should move KBGS photos to flickr or even merge the photos into the Keighley & Dist Local History Society pages? It would give wider exposure to KBGS archives.

Chris

Hi Chris Sorry I haven't replied before now- I missed the March meeting! I hope to make it to the April one, tomorrow and ask the question. Whilst on, I might just mention that the number of views to the 'School Demolition' entry on the 'flickr' site was standing at 105, the last time I looked!!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945-50

Current location (optional) Keighley(Still)