KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lions Tour 2017

Hi David thanks for this. I have been off line for a week or or two in hospital. Out coming right now thankfully and starting to get interested in life again!Thank you for your posting. Yes I agree with what you say. Generally speaking the feeling is that the tour was a success and the Lions performed to a higher standard than some of our critics expected.I agree with what you say about Barrett. He is a very talented player who has won a few matches by sheer inspiration and genius but his goal kicking lets him down. His younger brother seems to be more consistent but he is just coming through.
Almost every day there appears a new letter in our paper from Lions fans who are back in UK saying how much they enjoyed themselves here and couldn't believe the hospitality. All good to read eh!PS I consider myself fortunate in that I was able to watch the 1971 Lions a couple of times in Wellington. Now they WERE a team. Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Orewa, New Zealand