KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1995 Reunion organised by Don Mosey

He certainly was Alec.

After heart problems, he was advised to take exercise, so he did; walking from his Cross Roads home to North Street to perform his guard duties for me at Haworth.

Bob Dewhirst, his son-in-law, also conned me into being the Treasuer for Sid's 'Keighley & District Horticultural & Allotment-Holders' Association' in 1968, when Sid was also President of the Keighley Show, which I held until my departure for 'the south' in 2012. How could I refuse when Sid was my guard?

He was a great bloke and 'Guard' despite his years.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1959-66

Current location (optional) Shoreham-by-Sea

I worked for the T&A for a couple of years after leaving school and he was my boss. A lovely man and he did walk to and from work(weather permitting) daily. He was fitter than I was.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55 - 60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

Pardon my ignorance,Dave but just what were "guard duties"? Some of us were wondering.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55 - 60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

Hello Julian,

1995 is a long time ago, but the lads who got together on that occasion did a great thing for the old school and its former pupils. It would be great to see you - and any other of those early stalwarts - at this year's reunion, on 22 September.

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick, Cumbria