KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oh, what happened to you? Whatever happened to me?

Ever since I first became aware of this site over ten years ago, I have hoped that I might discover how life has treated the thirty or so youngsters who, in 1945, made up form 1A with 'Frizzy' Berrington as form 'master'. I also wonder about the lads who made up 5X where I spent the School Certificate year. Granted, I have learned a few facts about some, but many seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth. I know that I am not alone in my wish to know what happened to the likely lads - whenever Rob Burgess and I meet up, as we did yesterday, after we have exchanged information about our infirmities, invariably the question is asked, 'do you know what became of so and so'? David Seeley seems to know more than most about the lives of old boys of my era and John Sayer from Goose Eye knows quite a bit. Last year we were able to make contact with Jack Binns in Scarborough but had no success in tracing Neville Stockdale. So, does anyone have any information about Brian Packard, Malcolm B Smith, 'Timber Toes' Wood, Leonard Marklew, Harry Mower, David Baxter to name but a few?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1945 - 50

Current location (optional) Norfolk

Re: Oh, what happened to you? Whatever happened to me?

It would be a fair assumption to say that the rest of my classmates are either dead or in gaol!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55 - 60

Current location (optional) Harrogate