KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tony ('Percy') Peart

Much has been written previously about Percy, but he got a mention on the TV this afternoon, so I thought I would report it in case anyone wants to watch on 'catch-up' It was within the programme 'Antiques Roadtrip'. Charles Hanson (antiques expert) visited the railway museum in Doncaster whence the curator explained it was started by a 16 year old Doncaster schoolboy called Tony Peart, who wrote to railway companies all over the world in order to collect items for his collection. The collection as it stand now was astonishing. Unfortunately we only got a few minutes.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 58-64

Current location (optional) Wirral

Re: Tony ('Percy') Peart

Another mention of "Percy" re Doncaster Grammar railwayana in The Yorkshire Post (Saturday, 28th January). "A head of steam in town rooted in railways" article and photos on PAGE 3!! There will be a new exhibition at the Frenchgate Shopping Centre, Doncaster, from February 6th to March 7th.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1957-1962

Current location (optional) Harrogate

Hear (and see) Tony speaking about Doncaster bus liveries on:

youtube.com/watch?v=94FETPvC4gM

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Dudley

I have received through the post today a copy of Tony Pearts Will in a plain brown envelope. I do not know why, or who has sent it to me. Not a lot in it apart from to whom he left his buses and some bits and pieces.

(PS Brian C, thanks for that)

Are we to assume that, despite the "plain brown envelope", you're not the main beneficiary, Brian?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Dudley

Certainly not Brian! I was surprised it was as far back as 2006 that he passed away.